Rooibos is a natural tea
that comes from a tree in South Africa and its benefits are similar to
those of red tea with the difference that this ingredient contains no
contraindications or side effects. In addition to its many health
benefits, rooibos is also great at helping us lose weight. In this
oneHOWTO article we tell you how to take rooibos to lose weight and benefit from its cleansing properties that will help you lose those extra kilos.
Slimming properties of rooibos
Rooibos, although it is known as “Red Bush Tea”
is not actually a tea but an infusion because it does not contain
theine. It comes from South Africa and is one of the most talked about
natural ingredients because of its slimming effects. We tell you the properties of rooibos to lose weight so you’ll understand why it is ideal if you want to lose weight:
- it boosts the metabolism of cells and digestion because of its antioxidant properties.
- It is a natural diuretic thus contributes to the elimination of toxins, cleanses the body and reduces fluid retention and therefore cellulite.
- Improves digestion: Drinking rooibos helps our digestive system work well and, therefore deflates the belly area.
- Facilitates intestinal transit thereby preventing the occurrence of constipation, one of the most common causes of weight gain.
To take full advantage of the properties of rooibos it is advisable that you drink it early in
the morning on an empty stomach, so it is more effective to combat
fluid retention and to facilitate the transit of our intestines.
How much rooibos tea shoul I drink per day?
Unlike red tea, rooibos has
all the same properties but none of the contraindications so you can
drink it at any hour of the day (it contains no theine), you can also
drink it after meals (it doesn’t hinder the absorption of iron) and it
can also be drunk by people with high blood pressure.
To benefit from its slimming properties, it is recommended to drink 3 or
4 cups of rooibos tea daily; it is not advised to over dose as anything
taken in excess is not good for health. As already indicated, starting
the day with a cup of this tea is a great idea as well as finishing and
drinking one just before bedtime.
You can prepare it in different ways, we tell you the most common:
- Roobios tea: You just need a little water and
rooibos to taste (as strong as you like). Boil in the ingredient in a
pan with a little water and then strain the water so you can drink it
without any bits. Put it in the refrigerator to keep their properties
and so you can drink several cups throughout the day.
- Macerated Rooibos: If you want a little more
refreshing drink, make this recipe. Put roobios in a jug of water, add
some stevia or sweetener and put it in the fridge. The next morning,
remove the leaves and it is ready for you to drink this fresh, sweet and
Do you drink rooibos tea with milk? This is a very
common question when it comes to using this type of herb for weight
loss. For perfect effectiveness, it is not advised to take it with milk
due to the amount of fats it contains. Moreover, adding vegetable milk
such as almond or rice milk to your rooibos tea will not be effective
either due to the amount of sugar found in these types of milk.
General properties of rooibos
In addition to its benefits for weight loss, rooibos is a plant that has other uses for health because it contains a lot of optimal nutrients for our body.
- Natural antihistamine: Rooibos is perfect for treating infections or allergies.
- Improves intestinal problems: Regulates bowel function helping digestion of food and the intestine transit.
- Good to treat oral diseases: Has a high content of calcium and fluoride, so it is an ideal ingredient for improving gums, teeth or ulcers.
- Fight Ageing has high antioxidants content which helps slow the ageing of cells in our body.
Teas for weight loss
Rooibos is a good ally to help us lose weight, however, there are also other teas which are suitable for the same purpose as, for example, green tea which is one of the most popular because it helps speed up metabolism and burn fat naturally.
Rooibos vs green tea for weight loss
If you want to use rooibos tea to lose weight, you may want to compare
it to another of the popular tea choices. The truth is that the main
difference between both is that rooibos is herbal and does thus not
contain theine. On the other hand, rooibos tea has many other properties
that are useful to lose weight such as antioxidants, manganese and
magnesium. The best type of rooibos tea to drink if you want to benefit
from it for weight loss as much as green tea is in fact unfermented
rooibos, which has as much antioxidants as green tea. This is why there
is hardly any difference between the two, so you can combine both for
weight loss or choose the option that you prefer.