DID YOU KNOW THAT PUBIC SHAVING ACTUALLY ORIGINATED IN ANCIENT EGYPT AND GREECE?
It is when prostitutes had to shave for both hygienic reasons and as a clear sign of their profession.
It can be scary to wield a sharp razor so close to your private area, even more when you’re a male, so if you’re feeling nervous about shaving down there.
When your pubic hair covers up part of the shaft, visually it can seem much shorter. The hidden part of the shaft will be revealed.
In this article we will share to you why you should not shave your pubic hair and the reason behind them.
WE LISTED BELOW THE 6 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT SHAVE YOUR PUBIC HAIR:
1. HIGHER RISK FOR GENITAL WARTS
– Genital warts are located near or on the genital areas. In a female, it is situated on or outside the genital area, private part,cervix, or anus. In a male, that means near or on the private part, scrotum, or anus.
Note: If you shave your pubic hair, you are putting yourself at a higher risk of contracting genital warts.
2. IT CAUSES SKIN PROBLEMS IN YOUR PRIVATE AREA
– Removal of pubic hair naturally irritates the hair follicles, leaving microscopic open wounds. Frequent hair removal is necessary to stay smooth, causing regular irritation of the shaved or waxed area.
Note: Being on the private parts, these skin issues are often more uncomfortable than they would be on other parts of the body.
3. PUBIC HAIR HELPS CONTROL YOUR BODY TEMPERATURE
– There is a sebaceous gland on each hair follecule which releases oils onto the hair, that in turn allows the oils go up to the skin’s surface. When this oil evaporates, it cools the skin because of its latent heat.
4. PUBIC HAIR ACTUALLY PROTECTS YOU
– The pubic hair protects you from diseases and skin problems. Among other protections, it helps to prevent foreign particles like dust and pathogenic bacteria from entering your body.
5. PUBIC HAIR CONTAINS PHEROMONES
– Scientists are of the belief that pubic hair retains sexual secretions that are otherwise referred to as pheromones. This is what attracts us to each other.
Note: The body gives off more pheromones as you sweat and those secretions are retained in the pubic hair regions.
6. YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO CATCH MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM (VIRAL INFECTION)
– Research has shown that hairless genitals may provide an opportunity for sexually transmitted diseases like molluscum to take hold, with shaving showing the strongest association.
Note: Molluscum contagiosum is spread easily, and it has been suggested that the virus may have spread primarily through self-infections caused by scratching skin irritated by shaving.
– It is in your best interest not to attempt pubic hair shaving, or to put a stop to it if you are already in the habit of doing so.